We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We hope this club will be your home away from home. We come from many countries and backgrounds. The sponsors of this club are Christians but ALL cultures and beliefs are welcome!
We have a number of exciting activities this fall semester and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email email@example.com
Have a look at what we have coming up!
We have one trip coming up!
1. International Christmas Camp Dec. 23-27
Come and join our family as we go to Brightwood Ranch Dec 23 -27, 2017. We will stay in warm cabins, have a relaxing time together, play tonnes of games(board games, basketball, broomball, foosball, shuffleboard, cross-country skiing, ice skating if the lake is frozen enough) etc. The cost is $200 and this includes transportation, housing, all meals and activities. We will have some Bible discussions and learn about the real meaning of Christmas. Students will have to help with cleanup and maybe even the cooking! We will leave Edmonton at 2:15 PM on the 23rd and come back at 3 PM on the 27th.
You can sign up for the trip by clicking here!
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. ESL Conversation Cafe every Wednesday until Nov. 22 from 7-8:30 PM at Fellowship Baptist Church at 14323-107A Avenue. For more info call (780) 454-8733.
2. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $100 for 8 weeks (16 classes) For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
3. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at 6:30 PM at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Practice Conversational English with Canadian students who are native English speakers one-on-one or in small groups. Come on Tuesday mornings 9-11:00 a.m. in Rutherford Lounge. Contact Emma at email@example.com
5. Lighthouse Café – Free coffee, hot chocolate, tea and snacks. Relax, Make friends, Practice English, and Discuss Beliefs. Some Fridays 7-9 PM in HUB mall. Contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. English Conversation Café on Saturdays from 10-11:30 AM starting mid September to early May at Bethel Gospel Chapel at 11461-95 St. New English speakers of all backgrounds can practice speaking English, make friends, and learn about Western Canadian culture.
7. Conversational English and Bible Discussion hosted by FOCUS club on Tuesdays 11AM-1PM in SUB 0-48. Please contact Jeremy at email@example.com
8. Would you like to practice conversational English once a week with Canadians? Join us on Thursdays from 9:30-10:30 AM in the IFG office at 8901 HUB mall. Contact Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org