We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We hope this club will be your home away from home. We come from many countries and backgrounds. The sponsors of this club are Christians but ALL cultures and beliefs are welcome!
We have a number of exciting activities this winter semester and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a look at what we have coming up!
Feb. 16: Valentine's Dinner at SPA (Southside Pentecostal Church) and Q & A on Relationships
Come for supper at Southside Pentecostal Assembly. Have some fun! And then ask all your questions about relationships to our Relationship Panel! The cost is $2. You can get your tickets in the IFG office at 8901 HUB Mall.
We will meet at HUB mall LRT station (ground floor by the blue sign that says “Exit to 112 Street) at 5:30 PM sharp.
Feb. 17-25: Reading Week
Feb. 23: TBD
Mar. 2: Lighthouse Cafe
Mar. 9, 10 Scripture Dig-In – Study a part of the Bible for 9 hours this weekend
Mar. 16: Supper at Sieberts
Mar. 23: Lighthouse Café
Mar. 30: Good Friday - Off
Apr. 6: TBD
Apr. 13: Classes end – Final Party Supper at Sieberts.
Apr. 16-28: Exams
Apr. 29 - May 5: Mark West. Go to Crimson Lake and study the book of Mark in the Bible for 40 hours during the week. Enjoy canoeing, riding horses, playing games, etc.
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. Would you like to practice conversational English once a week with Canadians? Join us on Mondays from 2-3 PM in the IFG office at 8901 HUB mall. Contact Emma at email@example.com
2. Lighthouse Café – Free coffee, hot chocolate, tea and snacks. Relax, Make friends, Practice English, and Discuss Beliefs. Some Fridays 7-9 PM in HUB mall. Contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at 6:30 PM at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at email@example.com
4. ESL Conversation Cafe every Wednesday until Nov. 22 from 7-8:30 PM at Fellowship Baptist Church at 14323-107A Avenue. For more info call (780) 454-8733.
5. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $100 for 8 weeks (16 classes) For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
6. Practice Conversational English with Canadian students who are native English speakers one-on-one or in small groups. Come on Monday mornings 9-11:00 a.m. in Rutherford Lounge. Contact Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. English Conversation Café on Saturdays from 10-11:30 AM starting mid September to early May at Bethel Gospel Chapel at 11461-95 St. New English speakers of all backgrounds can practice speaking English, make friends, and learn about Western Canadian culture.
8. Conversational English and Bible Discussion hosted by FOCUS club on Tuesdays 11AM-1PM in SUB 0-48. Please contact Jeremy at email@example.com