We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We hope this club will be your home away from home. We come from many countries and backgrounds. The sponsors of this club are Christians but ALL cultures and beliefs are welcome!
We have a number of exciting activities coming up this fall and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a look at what we have coming up!
January 16, 2018: Supper & Bible Overview
All are welcome to a Supper and Bible Overview on Wednesday evenings starting on January 16th. We will meet at Riverside Lounge in HUB Mall from 6:30 PM - 8 PM. This is great for practicing English and making new friends. We will eat supper together, watch a short video and engage in a discussion. If you have any questions, please contact Danae at email@example.com or James at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann at email@example.com
January 18, 2019 - Supper at the home of James & Ann
January 21-25, 2019: Relevant
This will be a great week of interesting talks (15 talks in total) and dialogues on campus. These will happen at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. & 7 p.m. each day. You can expect topics like “Faith & Science,” “Is Christianity a western religion?” “Muslim/Christian dialogue,” Atheist/Christian dialogue” etc. Free Food will also be available. Visit https://www.relevantseries.com/edmonton/ for more information and to see the schedule
February 1-3, 2019: Winter Camp!
Come for winter camp at Pioneer Ranch Camp with students from colleges and universities all over Alberta. The cost is about $130 for everything and you can expect to have lots of fun and hear from Al Anderson who will be presenting talks from the Bible. To register for Winter Camp, please click here
February 15-21, 2019: Edmonton Urban Plunge
This will take place during Reading week and is a great opportunity to learn all about Justice and God’s heart for the poor. You will move downtown for the week with others. The cost is $400. Apply by Feb. 1. To register for Edmonton Urban Plunge, please click here
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. Meet with a Canadian for one hour each week to improve your English while studying the book of Luke from the Bible. Sandra Miners will lead this group on Thursdays from 11 AM-12 PM starting January 17. Contact Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
2. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at 6:30 PM at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at email@example.com
3. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $95 for 9 weeks (18 classes) For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
4. Free English grammar and conversational English on Wednesdays at the Kingdom Way Christian Church – 10436-63rd Avenue NW starting from January 9 to June 19. For more info please visit https://kingdomway.ca/free-esl-class/
5. English classes for adults, from beginner to advanced levels. Class TOEFL Prep Evening from 7-9 PM on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday January 15 -February 21. The introductory Price $249 for 18 classes plus the cost of a textbook. You can check out https://englishprep.ca/ for more info.
timings are from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m., Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Conversational English on Mondays from 6:30-8 PM at People's Church at 15641-96 Ave. Please contact 780-481-2244 for more info
7. Our friend, Jake Scheffer of Englishprep has a low cost TOEFL prep program available for you! There are two options:
TOEFL Prep Afternoon from 1:30-3:30 PM on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday starting January 15 - February 21. The introductory price is $249 for 18 classes plus the cost of a textbook or