We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We hope this club will be your home away from home. We come from many countries and backgrounds. The sponsors of this club are Christians but ALL cultures and beliefs are welcome!
We have a number of exciting activities coming up this winter and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a look at what we have coming up!
1. March 20, 2019: Supper & Bible Overview
All are welcome to a Supper and Bible Overview on Wednesday evenings. We will meet at Riverside Lounge in HUB Mall from 6:30 PM - 8 PM. This is great for practicing English and making new friends. We will eat supper together, watch a short video and engage in a discussion. If you have any questions, please contact Danae at email@example.com or James at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann at email@example.com
2. Supper at the Siebert home on April 5th this winter semester
3. March 29, 2019 - Gym Night at James & Danae's church
Come for a great evening in a Canadian church! We will eat some good food together (halal or vegetarian food available), make new friends and enjoy old friends, play games (options include volleyball, basketball, badminton, or board games) and end the night with some dessert.
HOW TO GET THERE: Meet at the HUB mall LRT station on the ground floor (It says “Exit to 112 Street” right there) at 5:30 PM. Look for students holding a sign that says “International Friendship Group.” They will bring you to Southside Church of the Nazarene and help you get back to campus! If you would like to come, please email Danae at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please come even if you forget to register ahead of time!
4. April 28 - May 4:Join us for Mark West at Crimson Lake
Students from all over Alberta will be coming to Mark West at Pioneer Ranch Camp April 28-May 4, 2019. We will study 39 hours in the book of Mark in the Bible and also enjoy lots of different activities. You can enjoy canoeing on the lake, ride horses, do archery, possibly visit the Rocky Mountains for an afternoon etc.
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. Meet with a Canadian for one hour each week to improve your English while studying the book of Luke from the Bible. Sandra Miners will lead this group on Thursdays from 11 AM-12 PM starting January 17. Contact Ann at email@example.com for more info
2. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at 6:30 PM at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $95 for 9 weeks (18 classes) For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
4. Free English grammar and conversational English on Wednesdays at the Kingdom Way Christian Church – 10436-63rd Avenue NW starting from January 9 to June 19. For more info please visit https://kingdomway.ca/free-esl-class/
5. Conversational English on Mondays from 6:30-8 PM at People's Church at 15641-96 Ave. Please contact 780-481-2244 for more info