We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We hope this club will be your home away from home. We come from many countries and backgrounds. The sponsors of this club are Christians but ALL cultures and beliefs are welcome!
We have a number of exciting activities coming up this winter and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a look at what we have coming up!
1. July 17, 2019: Potluck Supper & Bible discussion
All are welcome to a Potluck Supper and Bible Discussion on July 3rd from 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM. We will meet at Xinxin & Stephen's place at 8515 112 St Newton Place, APT # 1703. This is great for practicing English and making new friends. We will eat a potluck supper together and engage in a Bible discussion.
Everyone is invited to bring some food to share for the meal if they want to. Please tell your friends and invite any new international students who have arrived for Spring semester! If you have any questions, please contact Danae at email@example.com or James at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann at email@example.com
We will have potluck supper and a Bible discussions on July 31 & Aug 14th
2. July 26, 2019: Movie & Discussion Night
3. August 10, 2019: Sports Day
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $95 for 9 weeks (18 classes) For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
3. Free English grammar and conversational English on Wednesdays at the Kingdom Way Christian Church – 10436-63rd Avenue NW starting from January 9 to June 19. For more info please visit https://kingdomway.ca/free-esl-class/
4. Conversational English on Mondays from 6:30-8 PM at People's Church at 15641-96 Ave. Please contact 780-481-2244 for more info