We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We hope this club will be your home away from home. We come from many countries and backgrounds. The sponsors of this club are Christians but ALL cultures and beliefs are welcome!
We have a number of exciting activities coming up this semester and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email email@example.com
Have a look at what we have coming up!
1. Feb 26, 2020 - Wednesday IFG Discover Program at Riverside Lounge in HUB Mall
Join us every Wednesday this semester (except on Reading Week) at Riverside Lounge in HUB Mall from 6:30-8:30 PM. We will enjoy supper or delicious snacks together. This is a great opportunity to make some new friends, practice English and learn about Jesus from the Bible. All are welcome!
2. Feb 18, 2020: Day Ski Trip
We welcome you to join us for skiing/snowboarding at Rabbit Hill Snow Resort from 3:30 - 9:30 PM. The cost is $17 but we have limited spots. For registration and more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Feb 21, 2020: Board Games Night at Riverside Lounge in HUB Mall
Join us for a fun night of games. We will meet from 6:00 - 9:00 PM
4. March 6, 2020 - Supper at the home of James & Ann Siebert
Come for a great evening in a Canadian home! A special welcome to new International students! We will enjoy some good food together (halal and vegetarian food available). You will have the opportunity to make some new friends and visit with old ones, play games. There will be an optional music time and Bible discussion. The night will end with some good dessert.
HOW TO GET THERE: Meet at HUB Mall LRT station on the ground floor (It says “Exit to 112 Street” right there) at 5:30 PM. Look for students holding a sign that says “International Friendship Group.” They will bring you to the Siebert home and help you get back to campus!
Next Friday Night Supper date: April 3
5. March 13, 2020: IFG Discover Overnighter (More details to come)
This is a special trip over one night for attendees of IFG Discover on Wednesday nights
6. April 28 - May 4, 2020: Join us for Mark West at Crimson Lake (More details on registration to follow)
Imagine one week of studying the life of Jesus in the book of Mark from the Bible!
Students from all over Alberta will be coming to Mark West at Pioneer Ranch Camp April 28-May 4, 2020. We will study 39 hours in the book of Mark in the Bible and also enjoy lots of different activities. You can enjoy canoeing on the lake, ride horses, do archery, possibly visit the Rocky Mountains for an afternoon etc.
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at email@example.com
2. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $95 for 9 weeks (18 classes) For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
3. Free English grammar and conversational English on Wednesdays at the Kingdom Way Christian Church – 10436-63rd Avenue NW starting from Sept. 11, 2019 at 7 PM. For more info please visit https://kingdomway.ca/free-esl-class/
4. Conversational English on Mondays starting Sept. 9 from 6:30-8 PM at People's Church at 15641-96 Ave. Please contact 780-481-2244 for more info