We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We hope this club will be your home away from home. We come from many countries and backgrounds. The sponsors of this club are Christians but ALL cultures and beliefs are welcome!
We have a number of exciting activities coming up this fall semester and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a look at what we have coming up!
1. Oct 23, 2019 - Alpha Program for International Students
Welcome to Alpha for International students every Wednesday this semester at 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM in Riverside Lounge in HUB mall (north end of mall). Come for supper, a shorter video about Life, Faith, and God, and then a small group discussion. Great for practicing English, making friends, and discussing beliefs. Please let us know if you'd like to come! For more info, email Ann at email@example.com or text 780-686-9991
2. Dec 20-23, 2019 - International Christmas
Not going home for Christmas? Don't stay alone over the break. Join us for International Christmas at Camp Evergreen near Sundre, AB. Students from University of Calgary will also be joining us. You will have the opportunity to learn about Christmas from the Bible, play lots of board games, enjoy wagon rides pulled by horses, ice skating, sledding and some good food. You can also enjoy horse back riding for $15. The cost of the trip is $280 and if you would like to sign up or have any questions, you may contact James, Ann or Danae.
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $95 for 9 weeks (18 classes) For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
3. Free English grammar and conversational English on Wednesdays at the Kingdom Way Christian Church – 10436-63rd Avenue NW starting from Sept. 11, 2019 at 7 PM. For more info please visit https://kingdomway.ca/free-esl-class/
4. Conversational English on Mondays starting Sept. 9 from 6:30-8 PM at People's Church at 15641-96 Ave. Please contact 780-481-2244 for more info