We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Welcome to the University of Alberta and to Canada. We also welcome you to the International Friendship Group! We hope this club will be your home away from home. We come from many countries and backgrounds. The sponsors of this club are Christians but ALL cultures and beliefs are welcome!
We have a number of exciting activities coming up this winter and we would love for you to join us.
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email email@example.com
Have a look at what we have coming up!
1. May 17, 2019: Music Night from 7-9 PM
Join us for an evening of musical performances from various local musicians in the Orion Room, SUB Basement. Come meet new friends, enjoy old friends and listen to some local live music! Light refreshments will be provided.
2. May 22, 2019: Potluck Supper & Bible discussion
All are welcome to a Potluck Supper and Bible Discussion on Wednesday, May 22nd from 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM. We will meet at Alex's house at 11712-83 Ave. This is great for practicing English and making new friends. We will eat a potluck supper together and engage in a Bible discussion.
Everyone is invited to bring some food to share for the meal if they want to. Please tell your friends and invite any new international students who have arrived for Spring semester! If you have any questions, please contact Danae at firstname.lastname@example.org or James at email@example.com or Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will have potluck supper and a Bible discussion on June 5, June 19, July 3, July 17 and July 31
3. June 21-23, 2019: Camping at a Campground in Edmonton at Rainbow Valley Campground.
Let us know if you are interested in coming. We will have more information coming soon on the price etc. You will enjoy some good food, sleep in tents, play games, relax and enjoy the beauty of God's creation. If you have any questions, please contact Danae at email@example.com or James at firstname.lastname@example.org or Ann at email@example.com
4. July 26, 2019: Movie & Discussion Night
5. August 10, 2019: Sports Day
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. Meet with a Canadian for one hour each week to improve your English while studying the book of Luke from the Bible. Sandra Miners will lead this group on Thursdays from 11 AM-12 PM starting January 17. Contact Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
2. Free Supper, Fun, Conversation, and optional Bible Discussion on some Fridays at 6:30 PM at James & Ann Siebert’s house. For more info contact James at email@example.com
3. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12:30-2:30 PM at West Edmonton Christian Assembly at 6315-199 Street. It costs $95 for 9 weeks (18 classes) For more info go to http://weca.com/about-weca/esl/
4. Free English grammar and conversational English on Wednesdays at the Kingdom Way Christian Church – 10436-63rd Avenue NW starting from January 9 to June 19. For more info please visit https://kingdomway.ca/free-esl-class/
5. Conversational English on Mondays from 6:30-8 PM at People's Church at 15641-96 Ave. Please contact 780-481-2244 for more info