We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
We have a number of exciting activities coming up this semester and we would love for you to join us!
Activities Coming Up!
1) Potluck & Bible Discussion and hanging out at Melissa's place. Join us Wednesday, June 29 from 6:30-9 PM. Contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more information or to register to come.
2) Trip to Elk Island. Saturday July 9th 2-8pm We have limited space for this opportunity as we will be driving in cars together. We will have a chance to explore Elk Island together, have a picnic supper and head back to Edmonton in the evening. We will go on a hike in he afternoon when we arrive and hangout by the Astotin Lake Recreation Area for supper! Contact Melissa email@example.com if you are interested.
3) Potluck & Bible Discussion and hanging out at Emma's parents' place. Join us July 13th from 6:30-9 PM. Contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more information or to register to come.
4) Potluck & Bible Discussion and hanging out at James & Ann's place. Join us August 3rd from 6:30-9 PM. Contact Melissa at email@example.com if you want more information or to register to come.
Activities for Fall 2022
LaGlace Farm Trip - Sept. 30-Oct. 2, 2022 - Yeah! So exciting!!!
Possible activities: Baking, cooking, visiting a bison ranch, grain farm, death swing, share stories, stay with Canadian families from a local church, visit a rural church gathering on Sunday morning, etc.
Tuesday Nights during the school year - We are thinking of doing an Alpha program!
Let us know if you want to hang out in person. We are happy to have lunch or tea with you. Small groups of IFG friends sometimes get together at a park or for a campfire on weeks when we don't have official events. Contact Melissa firstname.lastname@example.org, James email@example.com, or Ann firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. IFG hosts activities every other Friday evening. Check our other page for details :)
The following are NOT IFG programs, but we thought you may be interested:
2. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12-2:30 PM at Saints Church at 6315-199 Street. For more info contact Denise Kroeker at 780-489-2579 Ext. 236 Starts October 5, 2021.
3. Free English grammar and conversational English on Wednesdays at the Kingdom Way Christian Church on Zoom starting Oct. 7, 2021 from 7-8 PM. For more info please visit https://kingdomway.ca/free-esl-class/
4. Millwoods Friendship Centre in southeast Edmonton is offering Free English classes from beginner to advanced at 2102 Millbourne Road West NW on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1-2:30 PM. Check out http://millwoodsfc.ca/?page_id=2 for more details.
5. Terwillegar Community Church in southwest Edmonton hosts Conversational English on Tuesdays from 9:30-10:45 AM. Contact https://www.tcchurch.ca/upcoming-events/conversation for more info
6. Free weekly Conversation Cafe hosted by Connecting Streams (Power to Change). Practice English in small groups. Wednesdays 6-7:30 PM, Thursdays 9-10:30 AM, Saturdays 10-11:30 AM. Contact Phil Taylor for more info at 780-966-7401 or email@example.com
Ellerslie Road Baptist Church in south Edmonton offers Conversation Cafe on Zoom on Tuesday evenings from 7-8:30 PM. A lesson is 7. sent out ahead of time to participants. If anyone is interested, they can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org. They are not sure if they will be meeting in person at some point.
8. Northpointe Community Church in north Edmonton is offering ESL programs. Contact Trevor for more info at email@example.com