We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. IFG hosts activities every other Friday evening. Check our other page for details :)
The following are NOT IFG programs, but we thought you may be interested:
2. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12-2:30 PM at Saints Church at 6315-199 Street. For more info contact Denise Kroeker at 780-489-2579 Ext. 236 Starts October 5, 2021.
3. Free English grammar and conversational English on Wednesdays at the Kingdom Way Christian Church on Zoom starting Oct. 7, 2021 from 7-8 PM. For more info please visit https://kingdomway.ca/free-esl-class/
4. Millwoods Friendship Centre in southeast Edmonton is offering Free English classes from beginner to advanced at 2102 Millbourne Road West NW on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1-2:30 PM. Check out http://millwoodsfc.ca/?page_id=2 for more details.
5. Terwillegar Community Church in southwest Edmonton hosts Conversational English on Tuesdays from 9:30-10:45 AM. Contact https://www.tcchurch.ca/upcoming-events/conversation for more info
6. Free weekly Conversation Cafe hosted by Connecting Streams (Power to Change). Practice English in small groups. Wednesdays 6-7:30 PM, Thursdays 9-10:30 AM, Saturdays 10-11:30 AM. Contact Phil Taylor for more info at 780-966-7401 or email@example.com
7. Ellerslie Road Baptist Church in south Edmonton offers Conversation Cafe on Zoom on Tuesday evenings from 7-8:30 PM. A lesson is sent out ahead of time to participants. If anyone is interested, they can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org. They are not sure if they will be meeting in person at some point.
8. Northpointe Community Church in north Edmonton is offering ESL programs. Contact Trevor for more info at email@example.com
We are waiting for the University to approve International Christmas Camp!
What: International Christmas Camp for International Students! Enjoy all kinds of winter activities indoors and outdoors while celebrating Christmas together.
When: Leave after Breakfast on December 23 and come back by noon on the 27th
Where: Pioneer Camp Lodge near Sundre, AB
Cost: To Be Determined
Who: Current International students will have the first opportunity to attend. There are limited spots as we are hoping to do this camp together with our friends at University of Calgary and University of Lethbridge!
Ask James for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have a number of exciting activities coming up this semester and we would love for you to join us!
How to find out about our activities? Sign up to receiver weekly emails, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email Melissa at email@example.com
Come and visit us at 8901 HUB Mall - you can make an appointment to chat with us... we don't have official office hours yet.
Activities in December
We hang out on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 PM in-person or on Zoom for video clips from The Chosen followed by Bible discussions. We meet in Riverside Lounge in HUB mall. Usually we provide a meal or snacks at the end of the evening. You must preregister to come :) Contact us for more information at jsiebert@ivcf. Dec. 1 is the last one for the year.
Christmas Party - December 3 from 7-9 PM Contact Ann Siebert at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
International Christmas Camp Dec. 23-27 Look elsewhere on this site to find more details :)