We plan exciting events and activities all semester long for international students to have a great experience while in Canada
Here are some learning opportunities that may be of interest to you:
1. IFG hosts activities every other Friday evening. Check our other page for details :)
The following are NOT IFG programs, but we thought you may be interested:
2. English as a Second Language (ESL) on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 12-2:30 PM at Saints Church at 6315-199 Street. For more info contact Denise Kroeker at 780-489-2579 Ext. 236 Starts October 5, 2021.
3. Free English grammar and conversational English on Wednesdays at the Kingdom Way Christian Church on Zoom starting Oct. 7, 2021 from 7-8 PM. For more info please visit https://kingdomway.ca/free-esl-class/
4. Millwoods Friendship Centre in southeast Edmonton is offering Free English classes from beginner to advanced at 2102 Millbourne Road West NW on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 1-2:30 PM. Check out http://millwoodsfc.ca/?page_id=2 for more details.
5. Terwillegar Community Church in southwest Edmonton hosts Conversational English on Tuesdays from 9:30-10:45 AM. Contact https://www.tcchurch.ca/upcoming-events/conversation for more info
6. Free weekly Conversation Cafe hosted by Connecting Streams (Power to Change). Practice English in small groups. Wednesdays 6-7:30 PM, Thursdays 9-10:30 AM, Saturdays 10-11:30 AM. Contact Phil Taylor for more info at 780-966-7401 or firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Ellerslie Road Baptist Church in south Edmonton offers Conversation Cafe on Zoom on Tuesday evenings from 7-8:30 PM. A lesson is sent out ahead of time to participants. If anyone is interested, they can contact at email@example.com. They are not sure if they will be meeting in person at some point.
8. Northpointe Community Church in north Edmonton is offering ESL programs. Contact Trevor for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org
What: International Christmas Camp! Enjoy all kinds of winter activities indoors and outdoors while celebrating Christmas together.
When: Leave after Breakfast on December 23 and come back by noon on the 27th
Where: We are not sure yet... at a camp in Alberta
Cost: Not sure yet
Who? Canadian and International students from all over Alberta
When? Wednesday, Nov. 10 to Sunday Nov. 13 during the Fall Reading Week
Where? Pioneer Ranch is owned by our organization. It's located on Crimson Lake near Rocky Mountain House, AB
Cost? To be determined
What? Study the first chapters of Daniel. Ride horses. Ice skating, etc if it's cold. Fun activities inside and outside!
We have a number of exciting activities coming up this semester and we would love for you to join us!
We will send out more information via email as each of these dates approach to give you all the details. You can also check back for updates, visit our Facebook page at IFG Edmonton - International Friendship Group or email Melissa at email@example.com
Some other possibilities for fun gatherings could be baking nights, an evening of sharing about the countries and communities we come from, a conversation between our group and other religious groups, and more! Have a look at what we have coming up!
Come and visit us at 8901 HUB Mall - you can make an appointment to chat with us... we don't have official office hours yet.
Activities in October
Do you want to go biking? Do you want to work out?
Boon is one of our IFG volunteers who likes biking and working out. He has two extra bikes. If you and a friend want to go biking with Boon, contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Boon works out at the Kinsman Sports Centre from 11 AM to 1 PM on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. He could pick you up at the university to work out together. You would only need to pay the fee to work out at the centre. Contact Boon at email@example.com
We hang out on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 PM currently on Zoom for video clips from The Chosen followed by Bible discussions. Normally we would meet in HUB mall and have snacks or supper together but the university is not allowing that currently :) Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
We plan to have activities two Friday evenings each month! Here are the proposed dates:
1. Welcome to Baking and Hangout Night this Friday, October 22nd, from 7-9pm!
Come hangout with us online this Friday evening! Whether you want to learn to bake or not, you are welcome to come hangout! A couple of us will walk you through how to bake Pumpkin Spice Cookies.
Here are the ingredients you'll need:
2. Nov. 5 Online Group Games
3. Nov. 12 Hang out
4. Nov. 26 Sledding
5. Dec. 3 Christmas Party